Family Law & Elder Law Lawyer East Brunswick, New Jersey
Probate & Family Law Attorney in East Brunswick
Welcome to Cosner Youngelson. Our firm has provided legal services in central New Jersey for over 30 years. We are dedicated to providing our clients with high quality representation at a reasonable cost. The firm represents individuals, families and businesses in a wide range of legal matters.
Contact an experienced attorney at the Firm today to schedule a free initial consultation.
Our attorneys’ academic and professional credentials are outstanding. Alan G. Cosner, the Firm’s Managing Partner, holds a Master of Law degree in Tax from New York University School of Law and a J.D. from Seton Hall University. He is a former Internal Revenue Service agent and accountant. Mr. Cosner is the head of the firm’s real estate, probate, bankruptcy, and personal Injury practice areas.
Partner Staci A. Cosner earned undergraduate degrees in economics and political science from Cornell University, where she graduated with distinction. She holds a J.D. from Columbia University Law School and was formerly associated with Skadden, Aarps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP. Ms. Cosner is the head of the firm’s elder law, medicaid, estate planning and family law practice areas.
Partner Marc D. Youngelson graduated magna cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania and holds a J.D. from New York University School of Law. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Youngelson was Of Counsel to Sills Cummis & Gross P.C. and was associated with Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP and with Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP. Mr. Youngelson is the head of the Firm’s Litigation and Special Education practice areas.
Associate Rebecca A. Hand graduated with honors from Rutgers University and earned her J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. After graduating, Ms. Hand served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Edward J. Ryan, J.S.C., in the Superior Court of Middlesex County, New Jersey. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Hand was associated with Menz Bonner and Komar LLP.
Our lawyers are members of a number of legal associations and organizations, reflecting our involvement in the profession and our continuing commitment to providing our clients with excellent legal counsel.
Our law firm offers legal representation in a variety of areas, including:
• Elder law We focus on the needs of the elderly and their children, handling asset protection, long-term care, Medicaid planning and Guardianship matters. Staci A. Cosner is a Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
• Family law Clients need support during disputes over divorce, custody and support, and property division. We also are there for clients during joyful times such as the adoption of a child, or a wedding, providing a prenuptial agreement.
• Probate and estate administration We handle the probate process on behalf of executors and heirs. Alan G. Cosner is a former IRS agent and accountant. He is skilled in shepherding the will through the probate process and asset transfer to heirs.
• Estate Planning We help clients plan for the future no matter what size estate you may have. We can help suggest and draft estate planning documents that fit every situation. We draft wills and trusts with the goal of minimizing taxes.
• Bankruptcy The firm’s attorneys collectively have over 50 years of experience representing debtors and creditors in a variety of bankruptcy matters. If you are in financial trouble, our attorneys can help determine your eligibility for bankruptcy protection under chapter 7 or chapter 13 laws. We also have handled a wide range of creditors’ rights matters, including fraudulent transfer and preference actions.
•Special Education We help children with special educational needs and their families navigate the complex process of enforcing your legal right to a free and appropriate public education.
•Litigation Our attorneys have represented businesses and individuals in a large variety of commercial and bankruptcy-related litigations. The Firm is committed to conducting litigation in a cost effective manner that fits within our clients’ business goals.
• Personal injury You may be paid for damages caused by another person’s negligence. Our fees are contingent on recovering compensation for you.
• Real Estate Whether you are buying, selling, or leasing, our firm makes it happen.
In addition to emphasizing matters such as the above, we offer clients a broad spectrum of general legal services, including criminal defense, guardianship issues and tax law.
Our pledge to clients
We promise to provide our clients excellent legal services at a fair price. We look forward to an ongoing relationship with you, your family and friends. Contact us to learn how we can meet your legal needs.
All Credit Cards Accepted ∙ Evening Hours by Appointment ∙
Free Initial Consultation
197 Highway 18, Suite 104
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Phone: (732) 937-8000
Fax: (732) 937-5439